FAQ About Glass Table Tops
- What are glass table tops made of?
Glass table tops are typically made of tempered safety glass, which is a type of glass that has been heat-treated to increase its strength and make it more resistant to breaking
- Can glass table tops be cut to size?
Yes, glass table tops can be cut to size by a professional glass cutter.
- Are glass table tops durable?
Yes, glass table tops are durable and can last for many years with proper care and maintenance.
- How do you clean a glass table top?
Glass table tops can be cleaned with a mild detergent and water, or a glass cleaner specifically designed for the purpose. Avoid using abrasive materials or chemicals that can scratch or damage the glass.
- Can glass table tops be used outdoors?
Glass table tops are not recommended for outdoor use as they can be damaged by exposure to the elements.
- How thick should a glass table top be?
The thickness of a glass table top will depend on the intended use and location of the table. A thicker glass may be needed for a table that will be used in a high traffic area or for a table that will be used to support heavy items.
- Can glass table tops be tempered?
Yes, glass table tops can be tempered to increase their strength and make them more resistant to breaking.
- Can glass table tops be painted or etched?
Yes, glass table tops can be painted or etched with specialized techniques and equipment.
- Are glass table tops heavy?
Glass table tops can be quite heavy, depending on their size and thickness.
- Can glass table tops have a beveled edge?
Yes, glass table tops can have a beveled edge, which is a type of edge that is angled or slanted for a decorative effect.